This year, 60 children from the children’s hospitals at Randwick, Westmead and Royal Far West (Manly) were tasked with assessing and reviewing the line-up of Showbags for this year’s Sydney Royal Easter Show (The Show) (23 March – 3 April).
Even with double the number of children from last year, Showbags were still in no danger of running out with a total of 368 different Showbags on display, ranging from $2 to $30. More than 130 of these are priced at $10 and under.
Manager of Operations and Product Development at the Show, Shane McGrath, said this year’s collection of Showbags is more diverse than ever before.
“Every year we aim to improve our line-up of Showbags and this year is no different,” Mr McGrath said.
“Whether you’re a TV show character fan, a lover of fashion or just a plain old chocaholic there’s something for everyone young or old.”
This year’s Top 10 bags (in no particular order) are:
- Cadbury Caramello Koala ($5)
- LOL Surprise ($28)
- Peppa Pig ($28)
- PJ Masks ($28)
- Cadbury Crunchie ($10)
- Mr Strong Showbag ($10)
- My Kitchen Rules (MKR) ($22)
- Showpo Showbag ($28)
- Avengers Bag ($20)
- JoJo Silwa Bag ($30)
The Top 5 $10 and under are:
- Monster 100 in 1 ($10)
- Bertie Beetle Blue ($2)
- Lion Guard Bag ($10)
- Red Rock Deli Regular ($5)
- Slimey Fun Bag ($10)
Mr McGrath, along with the Sydney Royal Easter Show team have put together their Top 3 tips to make Showbag shopping as seamless as possible.
- Jump online at www.eastershow.com.au and plan – each of the Showbags on offer is listed here, plus you can compile your own Showbag wish list to print out and bring along.
- Know your budget – with more than 130 Showbags for $10 and under, there is a Showbag to suit every family budget. You can still buy a Showbag for just $2!
- Save the best until last – visit the Showbag Pavilion at the end of the day, so you don’t have to carry your selections around. Or if you can’t wait, hire a locker, there are some available just outside the Showbag Pavilion.
Mr McGrath recommends using the Easter Show website to help make savings across the board, with bargains not only to be had in the Showbag Pavilion.
“There are a number of great online savings to be made on tickets, carnival rides and food by using the Easter Show website and planning ahead of time,” he said.